Going out of town is always a lot of planning and preparation. It is always good to be prepared and to have all your trip planned before you leave out. Booking a place to stay is one of the most important things to remember. Washington, DC is known for its historical sites, and some of the hotels are high in notoriety. It would be wise to book a hotel right in the center of all the action, so you can walk and all the site are easily accessible. No matter your price range, Washington, DC has something that will work for you, and you won’t be disappointed. Keep in mind to look up what guidelines are in place with wherever you end up going, as they change frequently. If you are planning to use a guided tour, which is a smart choice, they too can send you information on Covid-19 new guidelines that may be in place.
Best Hotels in DC
Looking For Luxury
If you are one who enjoys the finer things in life then there are some really amazing luxury hotels at your disposal. I will list some of those highly recommended luxury hotels here:
- Mandarin Oriental Washington, DC – This hotel is nothing short of elegant in a nice peaceful spot near the tidal basin. You can go in expecting all the top notch amenities such as a spa, sushi restaurant, and a nice indoor pool. The service is impeccable and even better it is a walk away from the National Museum of Natural History
- The Dunpont Circle Hotel- This lovely well put together place is in a location that will be hard to beat, easy access to Georgetown and the White House. This hotel also includes a nice restaurant you can visit and relax in after a day out enjoying the city.
- The Melrose- This hotel is located in the upmarket area of Georgetown. It is designed with contemporary and classic elegance in mind. The location is wonderful as well, and let’s not forget they too have a place to enjoy meals so you do not have to go out again.
- Ritz-Carlton- This place is absolutely beautiful! Contemporary yet with a real feel of opulence from an era gone by. Offering a perfectly central location, near Foggy Bottom metro, you’ll want for nothing at this luxury stay.
- Fairmont- Here you will find a cozy yet humble place to lay your head at night, complete with a spa and fine dining as well. Located just a short distance from National’s Mall’s most talked about attractions.
Booking a hotel can be very costly, and you can end up spending more on board than any other part of your trip, unless of course you plan ahead and try to grab the best deals around. Here I will list a couple of place’s for you to check out first:
- Hotel Hive- Once a warehouse now converted into a beautiful affordable hotel space. The design is mostly beams and bricks with minimal furniture, just simple and to the point, yet different and unique in it’s own way. The rooms are available to fit the size and space you may need for all those joining you on the trip. Located near Foggy Bottom metro, there is easy access to the Smithsonian museums.
- Moxy Washington- This is right in the center of the city. If you are young and are looking for the most chic place to stay that will fit your age criteria this is a spot to check into. A fun filled is packed with entertainment, from table football to live music. Rooms have a warehouse feel and some have bunks making this great value too.
View of The White House
If you are in Washington, DC you are more than likely here to see The White House. If you are a true fanatic you may be looking for a place to stay that will give you some pretty incredible views of the House itself. Not to mention you will be able to easily access all that is around but just as well, be able to get to your guided tour destination much easier and faster.
- The Hay-Adams is an award winning hospitality, luxurious rooms, with what has been rumored as the most comfortable beds in the area in any hotel, and the popular upscale restaurant, Lafayette. Aside from all the amazing factors surrounding The Hay-Adams you also get a solid view of The White House, if that does not make you feel on top of the world I am not sure what will. Some very well known people have stayed in the Hay’s the reviews speak for themselves.